Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Post!

I recently decided to start a blog on my quest to take on a more healthy / active lifestyle.

I had a recent epiphany- I'm not the same guy in my mid 20's that can get away with the bad eating / inactivity / general habits. This particular awakening was long overdue and was largely because I had my second kidney stone surgery and spent 4 days in the hospital, in November of 2011.  That experience was the catalyst. I am sure there will be more background in future blog entries.

For now, here are the topics of what I am expecting to blog about (as I learn and go about things):

1. The changes that I am making to live a healthy lifestyle as a "Geek". I am a software developer / manager by trade and have a fairly active job which forces me to sit in front of a computer most of my working day. I also find myself traveling somewhat frequently which presents additional challenges. 

2. Healthy eating, cooking, and food recipes or ideas that I have. I may even put up a few pictures of things that I cook.  Cooking has always been a hobby for me, and I'd like to have the blog as an outlet to help share ideas and possibly get feedback from others. In particular, I plan to focus on "low oxalate" and low sodium friendly foods to help prevent future kidney stones.

3. Activities, exercise, or things in general that are "geek friendly" to my lifestyle. This may also help anyone else out there that wants to get some ideas on improving their activity level.

Hope you enjoy my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment